Crossroads Homemaker Centre recognises the trust you are placing in us through your dealings with us. We are committed to the protection of your personal information. Our policies comply with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Principles that form part of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Australia), as required, and are intended to protect your privacy in respect of any personal information that you may provide to us.
We will take all necessary measures to fulfil this commitment, including to:
1. Comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”);
2. Ensure that we manage your personal information openly and transparently;
3. Only collect personal information from you that we need in order to offer you the best
possible service and customer experience;
4. Tell you how we might use your personal information;
5. Let you know if we need to disclose your personal information to anyone else (including anyone overseas) and if so, in what circumstances this might occur;
6. Keep your personal information secure;
7. Promptly respond to any request by you not to receive direct marketing material from us;
8. Make sure your personal information is kept accurate and up to date and to properly dispose of any personal information which is no longer required by us; and ensure that, where appropriate, you can access and correct your personal information.
What personal information Crossroads Homemaker Centre generally collects and why:
Crossroads Homemaker Centre collects information from customers in a number of different ways. These include the following:
1. In connection with competitions or signing up to email or mobile newsletters (either while in the retail centre ("in-centre") or online), customers provide us with their contact details. Your name and address are automatically entered into Crossroads Homemaker Centre’s database when you enter competitions. Crossroads Homemaker Centre collects these details to contact competition winners, and to inform customers about events, activities and promotions, both in-centre and as part of Crossroads Homemaker Centre's other activities. Customers have the option to opt-out from receiving this information.
2. When customers hire mobility aids or other equipment from Crossroads Homemaker Centre, or apply to use certain restricted spaces at Crossroads Homemaker Centre, customers provide Crossroads Homemaker Centre with certain information, including contact information. Crossroads Homemaker Centre collects this information to ensure that there is a record of the hirer and to enable customers to be informed about upcoming events, activities and promotions, both in centre and as part of Crossroads Homemaker Centre's other activities.
3. When customers attend Crossroads Homemaker Centre and car parks under video and camera surveillance. When entering Crossroads Homemaker Centre and car parks, customers' personal information, car licence plate details and images may be collected by Crossroads Homemaker Centre, and we may also collect customers' personal information and images from third parties (for example, the police or retailers) in connection with the management and security of Crossroads Homemaker Centre. This information may be used by Crossroads Homemaker Centre in connection with the management and security of the centre. This information may be provided to law enforcement and government bodies, Crossroads Homemaker Centre staff and subcontractors, third parties who provide Crossroads Homemaker Centre with services from time to time, insurers and retailers for those purposes.
4. When customers park in our car parks with a ticketless parking system or car locator functionality, customers consent to provide us with their car licence plate details and, in some circumstances, other information including name, email address and telephone number. These details are used for measuring and analysing car parking dwell times and shopper behaviour in order to improve Crossroads Homemaker Centre, for the purposes of providing and managing car parking at the centre, marketing purposes and also to assist customers to locate their cars including via online and mobile applications.
5. When customers logon to Wi-Fi provided in Crossroads Homemaker Centre, customers provide Crossroads Homemaker Centre with certain information, including their contact details and location. Crossroads Homemaker Centre collects this information to enable customers to be informed about upcoming events, activities and promotions, both in-centre and as part of Crossroads Homemaker Centre's other activities, sponsor and retailer promotions and other activities.
6. When customers purchase, redeem or are provided with Crossroads Homemaker Centre Gift Cards, they may provide Crossroads Homemaker Centre with their contact details. These details are used for card fulfilment purposes and, if customers opt-in, to contact customers about events, activities and promotions, both in centre and as part of the Crossroads Homemaker Centre's other activities.